Hi,

I don't have suggestions for online games/software, but here is what I do when things like that happen here:

1, First I tell my kids, "There is one spelling error" (or however many) in their dictation sentence. If they can find the error, great, praise for that. Additional kudos if they can figure out on their own how to fix it. If not, then I ask questions, such as, "What is the role of the silent E in this word?" Hopefully they see--there is no role for silent E and fix it.

2, If they fix it easily with no prompting from me (other than my initial statement of how many errors), I just assume it was a glitch in putting everything they know together, and I don't really worry about it. If they need more prompting from me then I put all related sound, phonogram, and/or key cards into their daily review cards. I also put the word back into daily review. I keep a stack of blank index cards for just this purpose--if I can't find a word within a minute or two, then I simply make up a new card for it. This actually has an advantage--the white cards are easy to spot and I know this is a word my child struggled with even after mastering it in the lesson.

I keep these cards in daily review for several days, preferably not moving them back to mastered until a Monday (so they have to remember them over a weekend). I also do additional weekly reviews inbetween the daily review and mastered review--and that solidifies words for my kids as well.

You could possibly have her use the review cards independently on Fridays, though it wouldn't be as fun as a computer game (and you'd still need to review them other days before deciding if they can be moved to mastered).

What I do instead is the extra review I listed above, and I use the All About Homophones worksheets for independent work on Fridays. Sometimes it's nice to have our child do something independent! My kids and I both enjoy the break these pages give.

Hope someone else knows of a program for you.

Maybe you could dictate the words into a tape recorder for her to practice writing as she listens to them? (Or a word and the dictation sentence again).

Merry :-)